Respected colleagues and friends,
From the first to the fifth of March 2019 in the premises of the National Gallery of Macedonia, more precisely in the building “Chifte Amam” located in the Old Skopje Bazaar, this year as part of the “Art for All” project, a series of workshops were held this time under the motto “Spring, summer, autumn, winter … And again spring “intended for children with an autistic spectrum of disorders. The workshops were attended by members of MSSA who are part of this two-year project.
The purpose of the workshops is to create art by children and people with ASD who can have a therapeutic aspect, and also contributes to positive changes in their social behavior and focusing attention. Through the use of different materials (paper, stones, leaves, collages, etc.) colors and techniques, children emphasized their creativity, took pictures and presented the seasons experienced at their own pace. Apart from the art and the “magic” created in “Chifte Amam”, these days were filled with friendship, fun and smiles of the people with ASD, their families, special educators and the employees of this institution. these activities will finish in April, where the pictures of the canvases will be displayed in the National Gallery of Macedonia, as well as the photographs made during these friendships.
Secretary of MSSA
I want to inform you that we realized the first meeting of #AutismPCP priject from December 11th to December 12th in Patras, Greece. Twelve participants from 6 partners countries (Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romaina, Italy and Macedonia) attended there. Participating Organisations were:
- D.A.D.A.A (Association of Parents, Legal Guardians & Friends of Children & Adults in Autism spectrum disorders and Aspergers’)
- MAENDELEO FOR CHILDREN APS
- Scoala Gimnaziala Smaranda Gheorghiu
- SHIPCON LIMASSOL LIMITED
- PARVI NATIONALEN CENTAR PO DYSLEXIA
- Macedonian Scientific Society for Autism.
Partners have presented their organizations. Than presentation of project design, work plan, time table, distribution of tasks and responsibilities, were discussed. Also dissemination plan, further dissemination activities/specific tasks, website, social media, leaflet, logo, were subject of this meeting. Autism Life Planning Tools and Intellectual Output with focus on O1 were topics as well.
Next transnational meeting will held in Romania in May 2019.
President of MSSA
AUTISM PCP‘ is an innovative cross-sectoral partnership project with strong European
added value; as such, ‘AUTISM PCP’ addresses important horizontal as well as sectoral priorities
for the European Union, such as ‘social inclusion, adult learning policies and Early School
The main objectives of ‘AUTISM_PCP’ are:
– Empowerment of individuals at risk of social exclusion and more specifically empowerment of ASC
– Strengthening of the overall effort for social inclusion and integration of ASC individuals at
mainstream education & society at large
– Enhancing competences of professionals and all those individuals, such as family members & relatives, etc., involved in the life of ASC individuals
– Raise awareness to the general public with regards to social inclusion of pupils with Autism